Centene Corporation’s online application process consists of multiple steps designed to collect information about your skills and interests which will then be matched against current job requirements. If a match is found in the online preliminary screening, you may be invited to complete an online assessment that measures your experiences and accomplishments as well as your attitudes and preferences on various work-related subjects.
Your decision to enter the application process by supplying personally identifiable information about yourself (“Personal Information”) indicates you understand and agree with the following:
- The information I am submitting is complete and accurate. I am aware that providing false information during any of the steps of the application process will lead to my rejection or termination.
- I may be required to produce original documents that verify my country employment eligibility & identification.
- Centene Corporation may share my Personal Information with Company employees in the United States for further consideration.
- Centene Corporation may share Personal Information with other companies acting on Centene Corporation’s behalf to provide employment verification services, such as background checking organizations or assessment test providers. Centene Corporation may also share my Personal Information in connection with the sale or transfer of part or all of the business, or as appropriate in connection with a legal requirement, such as a court order or regulatory obligation. Centene Corporation may also share Personal Information upon request from a law enforcement agency. Centene Corporation will not trade, rent, sell or share my Personal Information to other third parties without my consent, unless disclosed to me when the information is originally collected.
- I have the right to request access to my Personal Information, in order to correct, update, modify, and ask for the deletion and blocking of my data. I can do this by contacting Centene Corporation at email@example.com If I request the deletion of my data, I am aware that applicable legal requirements may require that Centene Corporation must maintain such data for a period of three years. Despite this, I may withdraw my candidacy of employment at any time and Centene Corporation will make my candidate record inactive.
- Centene Corporation may contact me at any time during my candidacy for employment in order to send me announcements or to request information. If I no longer wish to be contacted, I will notify Centene Corporation at the email listed above.
I AUTHORIZE CENTENE CORPORATION TO COLLECT, PROCESS, TRANSMIT, STORE, AND USE MY PERSONAL DATA IN A DATABASE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, OTHER RELEVANT COUNTRIES, WHERE IT WILL BE HANDLED FOR THE COMPANY APPLICATION PROCESS, FOR SENDING ME ANNOUNCEMENTS OF FUTURE JOB OPPORTUNITIES AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE, OR FOR ADMINISTRATION PURPOSES WITHIN CENTENE CORPORATION. DATA WILL BE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL AND STORED IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LEGAL PROVISIONS FOR A PERIOD THAT MEETS APPLICABLE LOCAL LEGAL REQUIREMENTS.
For more information about Centene Corporation’s data privacy policies, please see our Web site.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Centene (the “Company”) is providing you with this Notice at Collection for California Applicants (“Notice”) to inform you about:
the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects about applicants who reside in California; and
the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice,
- “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person that the Company collects about its applicants, who reside in California, in their capacity as applicants for positions with the Company.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please contact our Talent Acquisition team for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-225-2573, ext. 808-8272, Monday-Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CST.
1. Identifiers And Professional Or Employment-Related Information
1.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, including the following:
Identifiers: real name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, signature, online identifier, Internet Protocol address
Professional or Employment-Related Information: membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, and employment history.
1.2 Purposes of Use:
• To evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company
• To communicate with applicants
• For diversity and inclusion purposes
• To arrange and manage Company-sponsored events
• To create a talent pool for future job openings
• For recordkeeping purposes
• To demonstrate applicants’ agreement to, or acceptance of, documents presented to them, e.g. acknowledgement of employment application.
• To evaluate and improve the recruiting process
Monitoring, Security, And Compliance:
• To monitor use of Company information systems and other electronic resources
• To conduct internal audits
• To conduct internal investigations
• To protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities
• To report suspected criminal conduct to law enforcement and cooperate in investigations
2. Personal Information Categories From Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e)
The Company collects categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e) (other than those already listed in “Identifiers,” above) as follows for the purposes listed below:
• Photograph and physical description: for security and internal identification purposes.
3. Characteristics Of Protected Classifications Under California Or Federal Law
The Company collects information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, and for purposes of diversity analytics.
The Company also uses this Personal Information for purposes including: (a) with respect to disability and/or medical condition, as necessary, to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation; and (b) with respect to age, incidentally to the use of birth date for identity verification.
The Company collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where collection is required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Commercial Information
4.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects commercial information, including the following: records of personal property; products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
4.2 Purposes of Use: reimbursement of travel expenses.
5. Internet Or Other Similar Network Activity
5.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects information about applicants’ use of the Internet or other similar network activity, including the following: browsing history, search history, log in/out and activity on the Company's electronic resources, information regarding an applicant's interaction with an Internet web site, application, or advertisement, and publicly available social media activity.
5.2 Purposes of Use: to monitor use of the Company's information systems and other electronic resources or information systems, to conduct internal audits, to conduct internal investigations, to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities, and to impose discipline.
6. Sensory Or Surveillance Data
6.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects sensory or surveillance data, including the following: audio/visual recordings of interviews and footage from video surveillance cameras.
6.2 Purposes of Use: to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities and personnel through video surveillance, to evaluate the applicant’s suitability for employment, to monitor compliance with Company policies.
7. Education Information
7.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects education information, including the following: academic transcripts.
7.2 Purposes of Use: to evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company and to conduct a pre-employment background check.
Purposes Potentially Applicable To Any Of The Categories Of Personal Information Listed Above
The Company also may use applicants’ Personal Information to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations and for legal reasons and corporate transactions. These functions include, but are not limited to the following:
to manage and operate information technology and communications systems, risk management and insurance functions, budgeting, financial management and reporting, strategic planning;
to manage litigation involving the Company, and other legal disputes and inquiries and to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
in connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; and
to manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to the Company's business operations.